Cream of Kale and Chard Soup (Dairy Free)
This is a very delicious way to get a lot of greens in your diet. It is very simple to make and you can substitute other greens, but at least half the greens should be either chard, spinach or beet greens since they make a creamier soup.
1 Bunch of Kale, stems removed roughly chopped
1 Bunch Chard stems removed, roughly chopped
1 large or 2 small onions chopped
Oil for cooking’
½ cup sunflower seeds or 1 avocado for creaminess
1 clove garlic and ½ inch piece of ginger (optional)
- Caramelize onions in oil of choice. Add a little salt to speed up caramelizing. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Add all the greens and a splash to water to gently steam the greens with a cover on medium heat take off heat when greens turn a bright green color and are gently cooked. Try not to overcook them.
- Add sunflower seeds and enough liquid to blend them into blender and turn on high until well blend and creamy. Use more or less liquid for desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to blender including salt to taste.
- Blend for about 5 minutes until very creamy. Serve hot or cold.